Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Still Learning...

"You're still learning..."  something that I find myself often repeating to my seven and almost ten year old("double digits baby" as she would say). 

Those times when they completely lose it and freak out because they didn't jump the bike ramp the "right way", or when they realize that they may have "thrown their friend under the bus" accidentally in front of their mom, or when things just aren't working out the way they planned and they keep making "stupid" mistakes... it's often reminded, "You are still learning!"  

 The funny thing is I can't remember the last time I said that to myself!  I think we all have to remember as grown-ups or "old people" if you're talking to my daughter... that we are all still learning... be patient with yourself, and know that making mistakes is the only way to learn!

XOXO~ Krista

3 comments:

  1. What great advice, I needed that reminder. Love, love, love your painting too. So lovely and angelic:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true...need to remember to be thankful for the mistakes that help us learn and grow. The bigger the mistake, the more likely we will remember what we learned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krista! I love this painting!! THe color palette is gorgeous. And the face is so pretty. The message oh so important! I really spoke to me especially since I am just embarking on my own creative journey and find that I need to be kinder to myself as I stumble and learn.

    I look forward to following your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping over to my little world!
XOXO~ Krista